Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Wayne Burwell <wa...@solacesystems.com> on 2004/02/16 22:58:15 UTC

Basic setup problems

Hello,
I installed JMeter last week and am attempting to get a very basic test
plan working:

  Test Plan
       HTTP Defaults
       Thread Group
               Loop Controller
                      HTTP Request Sampler #1
                      HTTP Request Sampler #2
               HTTP Request Sampler #1

The thread group is configured to spawn 5 threads, with a ramp up period
of 1 second.

By default, the Thread Group and Loop Controller are both set to loop
"Forever".

All HTTP Request Samplers are configured to send HTTP POST messages, and
each includes an XML file in the request.

The Web server under test is a simple stub which responds with "HTTP
200" to all incoming requests.

The problems I'm having:

-          the test plan never generates more than a handful of HTTP
POST messages. I've varied # of threads, and loop counts in both the
Thread Group and Loop Controller, without any effect.
-          I never see a post from more than one of the HTTP Request
Samplers. By selectively disabling one or two of the samplers, I've seen
each one send it's configured file, but whenever more than one sampler
is enabled only the first one in the hierarchy sends a request.

I've tried numerous variations on the test plan, but all exhibit these
problems.

I suspect there is something wrong with either my Java installation OR
the stubbed out server. Any suggestions on how I can further debug this?

Thanks,
-Wayne

Re: Basic setup problems

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
I've been testing issuing different POST requests in a test like the one
you describe with JMeter 1.9.1. It worked flawlessly.

- Can you please tell me which exact JMeter version you're sending?
- Can you please send me the .jmx file? It didn't arrive -- maybe you
need to send it directly to my address?

--
Salut,

Jordi.