Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2002/06/14 12:48:09 UTC

BaseProfileLocator SecurityServiceRegistered question

I wonder which is the intention of this code:

            if (SecurityServiceRegistered())
                this.setUser( JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser() );
            else
            {
                // warning: this ties us to turbine security
                // we could load class from TRP
                // (services.SecurityService.user.class)
                User user = new BaseJetspeedUser();
                user.setUserName("anon");
                this.setUser(user);
            }

In particular, I imagine two things:

- It could be oriented to prevent errors during initialization
- It could be oriented to run Jetspeed without Turbine Security in place
(i.e. for an Anonymous unprotected Portal)

Can anybody bring some light here? Google does not find
"SecurityServiceRegistered". Can I apply for a prize? :-)

Regards,
     Santiago

Re: BaseProfileLocator SecurityServiceRegistered question

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>I think we can safely assume that there will always be a security
>service registered.

Thanks. I will modify my code to remove this if, then.

>If there isn't one, Jetspeed throws exceptions during aggregation and
>portlets all produce content with exceptions. I know, I recently tried
>this.
>In the security_14 branch, I just checked in a 'nosecurity'
>implementation of authorization (access controller).
>It always returns true for all permission checks.

If the methods of this "no-op" access controller are declared final, the
VM will inline them, and thus if will be very fast.

>Please give it a try when you get a chance. I hope to finish the
>security branch by this weekend.
>At that point, I would like to merge it to main with everyone's approval
>of course...

I'm still finishing the integration of my patches. I will take a look to
your code, and help merging it to get a good security implementation,

>Anyway, IMO, I don't really see the need for the code below
>(SecurityServiceRegistered)

I'll kill it. :-)

RE: BaseProfileLocator SecurityServiceRegistered question

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.