Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by youyou wu <wu...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/06 11:40:11 UTC

Authentication Not Occuring

hi Susam,

I have read your work about HttpAuthenticationSchemes,and configed all the file according to what you said ,  but no authentication occured .

I can find the word "Credentials" but no "auth.AuthChallengeProcessor " in my logs. I have also tried it in different websites requiring Authentication, no one succeeded.

Is there anything wrong with my Configuration that lead to the failure?

The sixth of "before asking for help" points out "probably something needs to be fixed at the server side", would you mind telling me the details?

The version of nutch running in my machine is 1.0.

My 'conf/httpclient-auth.xml' is like this:

<auth-configuration>
<credentials username="wendysky98" password="666666">
 <default/>
</credentials>

</auth-configuration>

in the attachment is the complete hadoop.log

looking forward to your answer.

Thanks a lot!

Yours

Wuyu

Re: Authentication Not Occuring

Posted by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM, youyou wu<wu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi Susam,
>
> I have read your work about HttpAuthenticationSchemes,and configed all the
> file according to what you said ,  but no authentication occured .
> I can find the word "Credentials" but no "auth.AuthChallengeProcessor " in
> my logs. I have also tried it in different websites requiring
> Authentication, no one succeeded.
> Is there anything wrong with my Configuration that lead to the failure?
> The sixth of "before asking for help" points out "probably something needs
> to be fixed at the server side", would you mind telling me the details?
>
> The version of nutch running in my machine is 1.0.
> My 'conf/httpclient-auth.xml' is like this:
> <auth-configuration>
> <credentials username="wendysky98" password="666666">
>  <default/>
> </credentials>
> </auth-configuration>
>
> in the attachment is the complete hadoop.log
>

> looking forward to your answer.
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Yours
>
> Wuyu
>
> ________________________________
> What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

If you can not see "auth.AuthChallengeProcessor " lines in the log
files, probably the website does not require authentication. What kind
of authentication were you expecting? You can also verify whether the
server really requires authentication using telnet, netcat (nc) or a
sniffer. With telnet you would type this and press the enter key
twice:

telnet example.server.com 80
GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: example.server.com

If the server requires authentication, you would see a
"WWW-Authenticate" in the response.

Please delete the current logs, enable DEBUG logs for
log4j.logger.org.apache.nutch.protocol.httpclient, start a new crawl
with only one site URL that you are unable to authenticate to and then
send the following files:

1. conf/nutch-site.xml
2. conf/httpclient-auth.xml
3. logs/hadoop.log
4. Output from telnet, netcat, etc.

Please go through "Need Help?" section of
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HttpAuthenticationSchemes to make sure
you haven't missed anything important.

Regards,
Susam Pal