Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/06 09:17:26 UTC

Where does the integration happen inside Solr? (Solr-UIMA)

Hi All

I am trying to port and application developed using Lucene based Indexer +
UIMA, in to SOlr+UIMA, for the past 3,4 days.
I am not able to comprehend where exactly does the UIMA processing get
added.

Does it get added after I say something like:
UpdateResponse response = server.add(<a list of docs>)...?
or do I need to do something else before that?

in the pre-UIMA Solr usage, I just took a doc, extracted fields I need...and
added them to the SolrInputDocument object. Once in some 2K documents or so,
I committed to server.
But, now, I am not able to figure out where UIMA comes. I assumed that it
comes during the update response.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sowmya.

--