Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@googlemail.com> on 2013/06/03 09:55:50 UTC

Re: mybatis, velocity and html response

Hi Michael,

let me try to ask some questions:

A: Are you executing this example as unit test? If so, why don't you apply the ProducerTemplate and simply pass the list when executing the sendBody() operation?
B: We'll, ... you probably need to send it somewhere via the to() statement, e.g. to the jetty component or any other.

Cheers,

- Christoph

Posted by Conneen Michael <mc...@infointegrators.com>.
Christoph (et all)

Thanks much..   OK.. I did get further.. I had a few errors..

1.  My SQLMapConfig.xml file was not there.. as when I use POJOs I usually name it differently and then use code to look it up.  I did see the reference to "If the file is located in another location, you will need to configure the configurationUri option on the MyBatisComponent component." on the http://camel.apache.org/mybatis.html .. so for now.. I simply named it back..

2.  My velocity template was not properly referencing the returned collection.  Fixed that and poof...

So.. my route  of ..
                from("direct:start")   // start from camel itself .. no input queue
                .to("mybatis:selectMyList?statementType=SelectList")    // select list of bulletin board messages.
                .log("Tapped message body is ${body}")
                .to("velocity:myVelocityTemplate.vm")    // run velocity against input message
                .to("file://target/subfolder")    // write the output of the velocity to a file.
                .to("mock:result");

now works as desired..   Last hurdle .. get this into the servlet output stream..   My travels thus far have taught me a bit more as to how to read and interpret
http://camel.apache.org/servlet.html

I am inching closer to my "ah ha" moment..

Kind Regards,

Michael L. Conneen
Information Integrators, Inc.
http://www.infointegrators.com
PGP Key: http://mconneen.infointegrators.net/mconneen.asc

Posted by Conneen Michael <mc...@infointegrators.com>.
Wow.. a PROACTIVE user forum.. I LOVE IT..   I have not had the chance to dig into that.. Thank you for the reference.. as well as the onConsume.. I plan on looking at both later today.

You guys ROCK! (that's a good thing in case there is any language differences on the list.. ;)

Posted by Christoph Emmersberger <ce...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Conneen Michael <mc...@infointegrators.com>.
Christoph (et all),