Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chu Tong <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 20:12:57 UTC

Contribute to MapReduce

Hi all,

My name is Chu Tong and I have been involved in using Hadoop for a while.
At this moment, I want to start contributing to Hadoop, Mapreduce in
particular.

I have setup environment as specified in

Can someone please give me some pointers where to find some simple bugs to
get started? Thanks a lot.

--
Best Regards;
Chu Tong

Re: Contribute to MapReduce

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 4 February 2013 11:12, Chu Tong <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Chu Tong and I have been involved in using Hadoop for a while.
> At this moment, I want to start contributing to Hadoop, Mapreduce in
> particular.

welcome!

There's also
http://www.slideshare.net/steve_l/inside-hadoopdev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee6T80bXmLk&feature=youtu.be

> I have setup environment as specified in
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute
>
> Can someone please give me some pointers where to find some simple bugs to
> get started? Thanks a lot.

oh, https://issues.apache.org/jira/ tracks everything. The general
behaviour is for people to pick on the small problems that irritate or
inconvenience them the most. Before even beginning that, start with getting
the build and test run to work, and spend some time understanding how the
code works. Warning: the MR engine is complicated. It's the bit that makes
life simple for everyone else.

steve