Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinit Carpenter <Vc...@strong.com> on 2002/08/30 00:08:01 UTC

Struts and forward to non-html content

Hi there.  I have a question about Struts and forwarding to non-html content
such as servlets, JSP's and HTML pages.  In a project that I am currently
working on I am using Struts (1.0.2) under WebLogic 6.1 SP3 with VXML (Voice
XML) and JSP's.  I've noticed that I can't forward to a VXML file with an
extension of .vxml from struts.  I get a 404 error with no other
information, even with full debug on.  When I try to forward to a JSP, it
works flawlessly.  Also, if I redirect to a VXML page it works fine.  Is
there something in struts "forward" that requires forwarding to JSP's only?

Thank you

--Vinny

*****DISCLOSURE STATEMENT*****
This transmission may contain information which is confidential, proprietary
and privileged.  If you are not the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, note that any review, disclosure, copying, retransmission or
other use is strictly prohibited.  If you received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from
your system.  This transmission is for informational purposes only, and is
not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any
financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Any
information regarding specific investments or other products is not
warranted as to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without
notice.

Re: tag help ASAP

Posted by Tiago Nodari <tn...@brturbo.com>.
         Look at the example application in the subscription.jsp and in the
tour.htm has the explanation on how it works...

         there is a really simple way of doing it, that is the only way I
know how to do it...

         hope it helps..,..

         tiago

At 03:28 PM 8/29/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi,
>I get a result set from a query which has id and description, now I have
>to show the it in select tag some thing like this,
>
><select name="option">
>
><option value="id1">desc1</option>
>
>  <option value="id2">desc2</option>
>
>  </select>
>
>  I think that i can use <html:options> tag which will do my work, but i m
> not sure how to use it, how do to define the bean, and also how to set
> the properties, does anyone have sample code of the bean and the tag for
> that bean options tag, it will help me alot..
>Thanx
>Ashish
>

>A$HI$H

>Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes

cya,

Tiago Nodari
www.nodari.org

tag help ASAP

Re: Struts and forward to non-html content

Posted by Emmanuel Boudrant <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
I think, If you wan't to forward to a non jsp-servlet-action, you need to use a redirection with
setting the attribute redirect=true:

<forward name="vxml" path="/file.vxml" redirect="true"/>

-Emmanuel

 --- Vinit Carpenter <Vc...@strong.com> a écrit : > Hi there.  I have a question about Struts