Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/08/23 09:27:26 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Dennis Hamilton as new AOO Chair.

Congratulations Dennis.

The following resolution has been added to the september board meeting:

====
A. Change the Apache OpenOffice Project Chair

       WHEREAS, the Board of Directors heretofore appointed Jan Iversen
       to the office of Vice President, Apache OpenOffice, and

       WHEREAS, the Board of Directors is in receipt of the resignation of
       Jan Iversen from the office of Vice President, Apache OpenOffice, and

       WHEREAS, the Community of the Apache Openoffice project
       has chosen to recommend Dennis Hamilton as the successor to the
       post;

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Jan Iversen is relieved and
       discharged from the duties and responsibilities of the office of Vice
       President, Apache OpenOffice, and

       BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Dennis Hamilton be and hereby is
       appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache OpenOffice, to
serve in
       accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
Directors.
       and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
retirement,
       removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.
=====

I will in a moment resign from the project as such and unsubscribe from the
lists.

I wish the project all the best in the future. Even considering all the bad
discussion, I
still look back on some nice memories.

rgds
jan i.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Dennis Hamilton as new AOO Chair.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Wednesday, September 16.  I assume that is when the Board acts on the resolution.

Yes, it's in the agenda for that date and the Board will act on the
resolution on that date.

> details that normally go in a [RESULT][VOTE].  It would be useful if someone verified my tally.

I confirm I've verified it, limited to binding votes.

> +0 Jan Iverson (binding)

Iversen!

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Dennis Hamilton as new AOO Chair.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
I am not the AOO Chair.  It depends on the Apache Software Foundation board passing the resolution that Jan has composed and sent to them.  The Board is not required to approve the resolution and can make one of its own choosing.  The next meeting of the ASF Board is on Wednesday, September 16.  I assume that is when the Board acts on the resolution.

Just to tidy things up a little bit, here are the details that normally go in a [RESULT][VOTE].  It would be useful if someone verified my tally.  If I missed anyone or I misclassified any vote, please report that here.

YES votes
+1 Regina Henschel (binding)
+1 Louis Suárez-Potts (binding)
+1 Kay Schenk (binding)
+1 Roberto Galoppini (binding)
+1 Kazunari Hirano (binding)
+1 Andrea Pescetti (binding)
+1 Marcus Lange (binding)
+1 Herbert Dürr (binding)
+1 Rob Weir (binding)
+1 Peter Junge (binding)
+1 Dave Fisher (binding)
+1 Andrew Rist (binding)
+1 Jürgen Schmidt (binding)
   Binding vote subtotal, 13
+1 Keith N. MkKenna
+1 Rory O'Farrell
+1 Jörg Schmidt
+1 Alexandro Colorado (JZA)
+1 Dave Barton
+1 Dick Groskamp
+1 V. Stuart Foote
+1 Guy Waterval
+1 Stuart Swales
+1 Phillip Rhodes
23 TOTAL YES

ABSTAIN votes
+0 Jan Iverson (binding)
=0 Dennis E. Hamilton (binding)
+0 Olaf Felka
3 TOTAL ABSTENTIONS

NO votes
none

 - Dennis

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> Thank you for all you have done, Jan.  I am sure I am not alone in
> hoping that you will keep a loose involvement with the project in the
> future, and perhaps make some improvement and contribution to the
> project's functionality.

+1, thank you Rory for summarizing this very nicely.

Andrea.

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Dennis Hamilton as new AOO Chair.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Dennis Hamilton as new AOO Chair.

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

> Congratulations Dennis.
>
> [...]
>
> I will in a moment resign from the project as such and unsubscribe from the
> lists.
>
> I wish the project all the best in the future. Even considering all the bad
> discussion, I
> still look back on some nice memories.

Thank you for your hard work and good luck for the future.

--
gw