Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by James Adams <mo...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/22 06:32:49 UTC

Where can I find error logs?

I attempted to run the zeppelin-daemon process but it failed very quickly
after it started. The only output I saw in the bash terminal is below:

Zeppelin start                                             [  OK  ]
Zeppelin process died                                      [FAILED]

Where can I look for clues as to what went wrong, i.e. where are Zeppelin
errors logged?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--James

Re: Where can I find error logs?

Posted by James Adams <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ahyoung!

This was a simple bonehead mistake on my part, I was looking for this in
another zeppelin directory I had used for a previous installation attempt
and which did not have a logs directory. My actual/latest zeppelin
installation directory does have this directory as well as a log file that
reveals my error -- I have Spark installed in a directory containing spaces
(C:/Program Files/...) and somehow the space in the directory name has lost
its escape and subsequent scripts interpret the space in the directory name
as a separator. I'll those tools into a directory without spaces in the
name, this should solve that issue.

--James

Posted by Ahyoung Ryu <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@nflabs.com>.
normally logs are under *$ZEPPELIN_HOME/logs* folder. it should have
*zeppelin-host-name.log* file within logs folder.

Posted by James Adams <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, you're right, I was looking in the wrong place (not the actual
ZEPPELIN_HOME directory).

--James

Posted by Hyung Sung Shim <hs...@nflabs.com>.