Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com> on 2015/01/08 08:01:07 UTC

Hive script auto completion and semantic analyzer?

Hi, hive experts

We are building a script auto-completion framework for Hive to make Hive easier to use. We are also trying to new We have read the hive compiler design document<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Design#Design-Compiler> and have several questions:

1.       We have already used Antlr to generate a Hive parser, but we don't know how to re-use semantic analyzer of Hive - are there someone who is specialized in this area or share us some related documents? Is there a possibility to re-use it independently with Hive?

2.       Do you know if anyone have done these kind of work(auto-completion/script validation) before? If so, could someone give us some pointers to those works?

Xiaoyong

RE: Hive script auto completion and semantic analyzer?

Posted by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com>.
Could someone share some insights on this...?

Xiaoyong