Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Ganga Sah <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/23 06:57:11 UTC

Need xqrl.jar for selectPath or execQuery methods?

Hi,

I am using apache xml-beans/v1 and get following
exception when using selectPath or execQuery methods
as described the the guide.
Although xmlbeans guide mention that this is a
standalone package, it seems to need a seperate
xqrl.jar.
I was able to use this feature in xml-beans from
BEA.com download in combination with xqrl.jar shipped
with Weblogic8.1, but even after trying the same with
apache xmlbeans does not work(probably due to package
name differences?).
How can I get this working in apache xml-beans/v1?
Please help!
thanks,
ganga

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This operati
on requires xqrl.jar
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.invoke(XqrlDelegate.java:
110)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.compilePath(XqrlDelegate.
java:79)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path$XqrlPathImpl.create(Path.java:289
)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getCompiledPath(Path.java:192)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:121)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:100)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.select(Path.java:85)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.selectPath(Cursor.java:2951)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBas
e.java:437)
        at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBas
e.java:421)
        at POHandler.main(POHandler.java:107)

Re: Need xqrl.jar for selectPath or execQuery methods?

Posted by Ganga Sah <ga...@yahoo.com>.
The problem seems to be the fact that class name used
and being loaded thru Class.forName() in
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.java is
"org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlImpl", which is
NOT bundled with apache xmlbeans?

thx
ganga

Posted by Ganga Sah <ga...@yahoo.com>.