Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/11/12 09:09:10 UTC

[VOTE] What new Gump CVS, what access rights, what mailing list? (was Re: Gump changes)

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>(NOTE: Essentialy his boils down to posts from Maven developers that
>>said they will propose the Maven descriptor format as the standard
>>one. This will break my stuff...)
>

> Changing the descriptors in any disruptive way is almost impossible -
> the more descriptors get hosted outside of Gump developer's control,
> that is.
>
> Adding optional stuff works, changing element names or adding required
> stuff will break gen.sh and thus the whole build process.  I doubt
> this will happen more than once per committer 8-).

Good.

AFAISee, now it all now boils down to what to do with mailing lists and
CVS repos. I cleaned up the repo from my cruft recently, so the codebase
is ready to be just moved from the gump proposal dir to the new home.

Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):

_CVS module_

[]   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache
[]   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module
[]   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons-Sandbox CVS module

_Mailing list(s)_

[]   Gump has its own one mailing list gump-dev
[]   Gump is just one of the many projects in Jakarta Commons ML

My votes:

_CVS module_

[+1]   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache
[-0.9] Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module

_Mailing list(s)_

[+1]   Gump has its own mailing list gump-dev
[-0.9] Gump is just one of the many projects in Jakarta Commons ML

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):
>
> _CVS module_
>
> []   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache
> []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons CVS module
> []   Gump lands in Jakarta-Commons-Sandbox CVS module

+1 on moving Gump out of Alexandria, +0.5 to each of the choices
above, no real preference here.

> _Mailing list(s)_
>
> []   Gump has its own one mailing list gump-dev
> []   Gump is just one of the many projects in Jakarta Commons ML

own mailing list if it gets a CVS of its own, the commons ML
otherwise.

Stefan

Posted by josh lucas <lu...@collab.net>.
On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 12:09 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Please vote on these items (add items if necessary):
>
> _CVS module_
>

> []   Gump has it's own CVS module open to committers@apache

+1

> _Mailing list(s)_
>
> []   Gump has its own one mailing list gump-dev

+1

josh