Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Russ Leong <ru...@kikuze.com> on 2002/04/18 12:01:06 UTC

Lost..

Hi,
    my apologies if my question may seem basic but I am really lost... hope
someone can help me.

    My objective is to setup Slide to work with my own application and using
a local filesystem ( D:\resources\filestore ) as the file repository.
Currently in the 2 folders there are 2 sub-folders, folder1 and folder2. So
if user1 logs in to my app, I will authenticate him and allow him access to
all files and subfolders of D:\resources\filestore\folder1 and for user 2 he
will have the same on D:\resources\filestore\folder2.

    I am lost and unsure of how I should change Domain.xml to suit my needs.
The following is my guess and I hope someone can help me to verify or
provide another solution :
1 - setup my domain to point to D:\resources\filestore
2 - every subfolder in the domain will be a namespace ie. folder1, folder2,
folder3......

    I derived this because the docs said that domain is treated as the root
folder, and a namespace is self-contained containing a hierarchy of nodes.
If I am correct :
1 - how do I set my domain to point to my filestore folder? I don't find
that setting anywhere.
2 - Does this mean I need to edit Domain.xml everytime I need to add a new
user?

Any help is appreciated.
Russ