Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2008/07/02 08:50:39 UTC

Need another mentor?

Hi all,

After your recent difficulties to get enough timely mentor feedback on
a release I wondered if you might would like to have an additional
mentor?
If yes, I'd like to volunteer as a kind of a  junior mentor, since I
am new to mentoring podlings.

I won't be able to contribute code, but I am currently learning Erlang
and playing around with CouchDB, so there is some affinity to this
project.

WDYT?

  Bernd

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Damien Katz <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello Bernd,

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Bernd Fondermann <
bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Bernd Fondermann
> <be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>
> wrote:

> existing
> Incubator
> >>
> >> Is there a maximum number of mentors? While I'd like to stick around, if
> >> there is a set limit at three, I'm happy to step down and have Bernd
> take my
> >> place.
> >
> > No, there isn't as far as I know. Three is the minimum, the more the
> > better is how I understood previous discussions on general@incubator.
> > Four is not too much so nobody needs to step down.
>
> ... so if nobody objects to have a fourth mentor within the next two
> or so days, I'd take this to general@incubator and see what they are
> saying over there, not expecting much resistance. Especially I
> wouldn't want anybody to feel like he needs to step down or is no
> longer on duty.  Then I'd  rather not be a mentor.

The number of mentors has no upper bound so nobody needs to step down. Just
notify the IPMC, pointing maybe to a formal vote of the CouchDB PPMC - nudge
;)

Matthieu

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Need another mentor?

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
On Jul 2, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Ted Leung wrote:

> I think that this is good -- there's no notion of a "junior"
> mentor, so perhaps we should just add you as a mentor, or ask if
> one of the existing mentors wants to step down (I do not).
> Probably should go to the Incubator PMC.

Is there a maximum number of mentors? While I'd like to stick around,
if there is a set limit at three, I'm happy to step down and have
Bernd take my place.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo