Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lucas Persson <lu...@oracle.com> on 2011/01/21 17:15:28 UTC

maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta-3 and maven-checkstyle-plugin 2.6 gives Unable to instantiate PackageHtml

Hi

I am using maven 3.0.2 and I get an error like this:
"[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0-beta-3:site
(default-site) on project commons: Error during page generation: Error
rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle configuration: cannot
initialize module PackageHtml - Unable to instantiate PackageHtml:
Unable to instantiate PackageHtmlCheck -> [Help 1]"

when doing 'mvn site'.

I have maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta-3 and maven-checkstyle-plugin 2.6

There seems to have been some issue around PackageHtmlCheck, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-1545?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Achangehistory-tabpanel
But I can not really understand what the trick is.

And yes I have my own rules. Basically it is similar to the Sun one.
Sure I can remove <module name="PackageHtml"/>
but then I get  "Failed during checkstyle configuration: cannot
initialize module TreeWalker - TreeWalker is not allowed as a parent of
FileLength -> [Help 1]"

Thanks
Lucas

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Lucas Persson | Principal Member of Technical Staff

Oracle Svenska AB, Kronborgsgränd 17, S-164 28 KISTA, reg.no. 556254-6746

Re: maven-site-plugin 3.0-beta-3 and maven-checkstyle-plugin 2.6 gives Unable to instantiate PackageHtml

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
With new checkstyle, 5.x, some of the old checkstyle checks have been
replaced with new ones.

See checkstyle release notes
http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/releasenotes.html for details on new
checks. Replace them accordingly in your custom checkstyle configuration.

Regards,
Stevo.