Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by roedll <lu...@ait.ac.at> on 2012/01/31 16:56:43 UTC

Support for OSGi event distribution in Karaf Cellar - Karaf #1176

I was missing the functionality to publish and listen to OSGi events over
separate Cellar nodes.

Our application heavily uses OSGi events and up to now we used R-OSGi
(http://r-osgi.sourceforge.net/) for that.
Now I've changed the whole framework to Karaf and I wanted to use Cellar's
DOSGi implementation to get the same functionality.
So I've created a patch which adds the desired functionality. (see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1176 KARAF-1176 )

Looking forward to your comments...

Re: Support for OSGi event distribution in Karaf Cellar - Karaf #1176

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

thanks for reporting it. I will take a look.

Cellar already some OSGi events (bundle listener, config listener, etc),
to create "cluster events" going to all nodes.

I will keep you posted through Jira.

Regards
JB

On 01/31/2012 04:56 PM, roedll wrote:
> I was missing the functionality to publish and listen to OSGi events over
> separate Cellar nodes.
>
> Our application heavily uses OSGi events and up to now we used R-OSGi
> (http://r-osgi.sourceforge.net/) for that.
> Now I've changed the whole framework to Karaf and I wanted to use Cellar's
> DOSGi implementation to get the same functionality.
> So I've created a patch which adds the desired functionality. (see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1176 KARAF-1176 )
>
> Looking forward to your comments...

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org