Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Ludwig, Sven" <SL...@CONET.DE> on 2001/11/02 11:48:15 UTC

Questions on HttpClient

Hi there!

I have some questions on the Jakarta HttpClient.
If this is not the right address for tis question,
it would be very nice if you forward this mail to
someone from the project who can answer help me.

We are considering to use it in a major level business application.
For communication from the application (running on a BEA WebLogic Server)
to external business resources provided by other companies.

So far we used an own small tool based on the java.net.HttpUrlConnection
class of jdk 1.3.1 - it works, but we are aware of the problems with
"blocked I/O" and undefined linger-on timeout.

Does your HttpClient solve problems with blocked I/O during Socket-opening
and how does it care about linger-on timeouts?

If you know another more common way for the BEA WebLogic Server to be
a HTTP client please let me know. It would also help a lot.

with best regards
Sven Ludwig

  Sven Ludwig                     mailto:sludwig@conet.de
  CONET CONSULTING AG             http://www.conet.de
  Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19          Fax:   +49 2242 939-393
  53773 Hennef                    Tel.:  +49 2242 939-683
  GERMANY