Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/08/04 10:08:09 UTC

Re: Blog post draft: OpenOffice Conference Call for Papers

On 25/07/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> If possible, I'd like to also replace our "Announcing Apache
> OpenOffice 3.4" header link on ooo-site with one linking to this blog
> post, once published.  We can let that run for the next week or so

Thanks, the pages under /it now have a translated version of the same
header link (which will stay online until 3.4.1 is officially released).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Blog post draft: OpenOffice Conference Call for Papers

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Donald Harbison wrote:
> Andrea, I hope that you submit a proposal for a talk. We need the
> impressive Italian community to represent key aspects of the proejct and
> participate at ApacheCon Europe.

It's quite likely that I will propose a talk (not necessary on a topic
related to OpenOffice in Italy).

> Please encourage others from Italy to join
> the effort.  Make sure folks know that the deadline is August 13th

I sent a note a few days ago to the users list in Italian:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-utenti-it/201208.mbox/%3C501CDF99.4090002%40apache.org%3E
and RGB did the same on the forums in Italian, so we tried to spread the
news as much as possible.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Blog post draft: OpenOffice Conference Call for Papers

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
Andrea, I hope that you submit a proposal for a talk. We need the
impressive Italian community to represent key aspects of the proejct and
participate at ApacheCon Europe. Please encourage others from Italy to join
the effort.  Make sure folks know that the deadline is August 13th, not
August 3rd as originally communicated. Also, we do have funds for travel
assistance which we suggest be prioritized for speakers with a genuine
need. More on that soon.