Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Whalland, Craig" <Cr...@vodafone.com.au> on 2001/11/12 00:52:05 UTC

Jakarta NT Service

Hi there - first of all please excuse my lack of knowledge on this topic.
I have been asked to have a quick look at a problem we are having on windows
2000 server installing Jakarta as an NT Service.

I have followed the directions on the site
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/NT-Service-howto.html
and the service has installed but it fails to start with the error "Could
Not Start Jakarta Service. The Service did not returm an error."

First question - Are there any issues with Win2k as aopposed to NT4.0 ? As
we have successfuly installed this service on an NT4.0 box.
Otherwise I am at a loss as we are able to start Jakarta manually via cmd
prompt - just not as the service.

Look forward to anyhelp you can provide - and if this is not the forum to
ask these questions any direction would be appreciated.

Craig Whalland
NT Server Team
Vodafone Information Services
Ph: (02) 9425 8961
Mob: 0414 208 961
 <<Whalland, Craig.vcf>>

**********************************************************************"
This correspondence is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential or legally privileged information or both. "
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any "
mistransmission.  If you receive this correspondence in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You
must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence
if you are not the intended recipient.

except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to
be the views of Vodafone.

RE: Jakarta NT Service

Posted by C Cayetano <de...@ccayetano.com>.
With your NT4 install, were you able to get around the bug that shuts down
the service when the user loggs off? I've experienced it in Win2k Server.
Haven't found a solution. Had anyone else found a solution?

Thanks.