Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2017/01/27 21:36:02 UTC

1.10 release status and release manager

MADlib community,

We are getting fairly close to completing the software for the 1.10 release
and putting up an RC.

The PR list is getting smaller as we review and complete testing
https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/pulls

Satoshi Nagayasu
satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com
https://github.com/snaga
has graciously offered to be the release manager for 1.10.  Thank you very
much Satoshi for your help!

Regards,
Frank

Re: 1.10 release status and release manager

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi all,

I've been setting up a build script and server that checks out the
latest master branch,
runs apache rat for license check, wraps up a tarball, builds, installs, checks
with PostgreSQL 9.5.

The build system is running every 3 hours automatically, and those
artifacts (daily snapshots
and build/test logs) are available here.

http://161.202.86.165/build/incubator-madlib/

If you are interested in the current status, please check them out.

I found that pom.xml has a few things to be fixed to pass apache rat,
and I created
a pull request now.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-madlib/pull/100

I would like someone, who are familiar with the Apache release
process, to review
my modifications.

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi all,

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi Ohrhan,

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi Ohrhan,

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Satoshi-san,

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Satoshi-san,

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi Frank and all,

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.
On 1/27/17 3:42 PM, Orhan Kislal wrote:
> Thank you Satoshi-san for taking this responsibility.

Yes, thank you for taking on a rather thankless job. :)
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

Re: 1.10 release status and release manager

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi MADlib,

Thank you Satoshi-san for taking this responsibility. I have some
experience with this and I would be happy to help with any step of the
process.

Best,

Orhan Kislal

Posted by Fatima Castiglione Maldonado 发 <ca...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations everyone, especially the new manager

--
=================================
Fátima Castiglione Maldonado

                     ____
                   ,'_   |
 __________________|__|__|__
<_____                      )                _.------._
      `-----------,------.-'              ,-'          `-.
                 |    |  |              ,'                `.
                ,'    |  |            ,'                    `.
                |  _,-'  |__         /                        \
              _,'-'    `.   `---.___|_____________             \
          .--'  -----.  | _____________________   `-. -----     |
          |    ___|  |  |                      \  ,- \          |
          |    ___|  |===========================((|) |         |
          |       |  |  | _____________________/  `- /          |
          `--._ -----'  |        _________________,-' -----     |
               `.-._   ,' __.---'   |                          /
                |   `-.  |           \                        /
                `.    |  |            `.                    ,'
                 |    |  |              `.                ,'
 _____,----------`-------`-.              `-._        _,-'
<___________________________)                 `------'
                   | _|  |
                   `.____|

=================================

while( love & passion ) {
  for( fight = 0 ; rights < freedom ; rights++ )
    fight = standup( rights );
  free( babylon );
}

Re: 1.10 release status and release manager

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Orhan Kislal <ok...@pivotal.io>.
Hi MADlib,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.