Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Joseph Daryl Locsin <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/17 10:46:56 UTC

Please help me with this relationship

I am new to Ontologies, and I am not sure on what relationship to use...

I have two Classes, Computer and User

Computer hasProcessor Intel^^String

User prefersProcessor Intel^^String

my question is, is hasProcessor (disjoint/inverse) with prefersProcessor ?
I am thinking of disjoint... is it right?

Regards,
Daryl

Re: Please help me with this relationship

Posted by Joseph Daryl Locsin <da...@gmail.com>.
The reason why I'm using strings is to simplify the initial ontology....

Example:

computer_industry.owl ----  Computer hasProcessor Literal^^String
> say     Vaio hasProcessor "Intel7"

then later on I am hoping to make it more robust by doing a
ModelA.union(ModelB)...

processor.owl ---- Computer hasProcessor Processor,     Processor hasName
> Literal^^String

For this reason, I am hoping to "overload" (similar in Java) the predicate
hasProcessor, it can act as a Datatype and an Object Property

Example:

*<owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:about="
> http://namespace/computer_industry.owll#hasProcessor">*
> *<rdf:type rdf:resource="&owl;FunctionalProperty"/>*
> *        <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="
> http://namespace/computer_industry.owll#Computer"/>*
> *        <rdfs:range rdf:resource="&xsd;string"/>*
> *</owl:DatatypeProperty>*
>
> *<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="
> http://namespace/computer_industry.owll#hasProcessor">*
> *        <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="