Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Raghavendra Prabhu <rr...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/21 11:08:59 UTC

wildcard support

Hi

I am using the highlightertest.java to extract the wild card terms.

I use the queryParser to parse my queryString

Then i store the text in a RAM directory ( which i want to scan)

and then rewrite it as mentioned in the highlighter example

query=query.rewrite(reader)

Now if i print the query, i see that it does not contain anything

I repeat the query does not contain anything

What is the reason for this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Rgds
Prabhu

RE: IndexWriter.addIndexes

Posted by Frank Kunemann <fr...@innosystec.de>.
Ok, thank you Otis!

Frank

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

IndexWriter.addIndexes

Re: wildcard support

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
If you've rewritten a WildcardQuery and get an empty query, that
means that no terms matched the wildcard expression in the index
pointed to by the IndexReader you provided.

	Erik