Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ryan Olson <rd...@financialcontent.com> on 2002/12/04 21:07:16 UTC

TestSuite packages?

Ok, now for another (hopefully easier) question

I'm running my servlet tests using the HTTP method described in the Tomcat
Howto (http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_tomcat.html), in which I use a
browser to access

http://localhost:8081/ServletTestRunner?suite=package.foo.bar.AllTests&xsl=junit-noframes.xsl

That produces a nice test report as in the screenshot in the Howto. However, I
haven't been able to figure out how to make use of the "Packages" subsection
of that report. I thought it would break down results for my testsuites by
java package, but instead the section just contains zeroes. My AllTests test
just defines a suite composed of various test classes in the project's
sub-packages.

I haven't really found any documentation on this, and unfortunately I'm not so
well versed at reading the XSL in the junit-noframes.xsl stylesheet.

Thanks,

Ryan Olson

Re: TestSuite packages?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi Ryan,

Ryan Olson wrote:
> Ok, now for another (hopefully easier) question
>
> I'm running my servlet tests using the HTTP method described in the Tomcat
> Howto (http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_tomcat.html), in which I use a
> browser to access
>
> http://localhost:8081/ServletTestRunner?suite=package.foo.bar.AllTests&xsl=junit-noframes.xsl
>
> That produces a nice test report as in the screenshot in the Howto. However, I
> haven't been able to figure out how to make use of the "Packages" subsection
> of that report. I thought it would break down results for my testsuites by
> java package, but instead the section just contains zeroes. My AllTests test
> just defines a suite composed of various test classes in the project's
> sub-packages.
>
> I haven't really found any documentation on this, and unfortunately I'm not so
> well versed at reading the XSL in the junit-noframes.xsl stylesheet.

The "Packages" section as well as some other features such as the
"Properties" javascript popup don't work with the ServletTestRunner.
That they still are displayed is because the XSLT stylesheet was
straightly copied from the Ant project, where the XML produced by the
Ant test runner is slightly different.

I have created a Cactus specific XSLT stylesheet for my personal use
that just removes the unsupported elements. I'll try to submit the
stylesheet to Cactus CVS when I find some time...

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de