Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Abhay Chaudhary <Ab...@ruffalocody.com> on 2004/12/29 01:50:20 UTC

Working with OlePres000

Hello,

I am working with porting of documents stored in from Ole 2.0 compound documents format to their native form. I am stuck with getting the name of the document out of the format for non office documents. I saw that in the compound document format heirarchy, OlePress000 usually contains the name but there is no class to handle OlePress000 contents. Can someone help me with this? Is there a future release planned for POI which will handle this?

Regards,

Abhay

Re: Working with OlePres000

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Am Dienstag, den 28.12.2004, 18:50 -0600 schrieb Abhay Chaudhary:
> I am working with porting of documents stored in from Ole 2.0 compound documents format to their native form. I am stuck with getting the name of the document out of the format for non office documents. I saw that in the compound document format heirarchy, OlePress000 usually contains the name but there is no class to handle OlePress000 contents. Can someone help me with this? Is there a future release planned for POI which will handle this?

I don't understand what you intend to do. What do you mean by "porting
documents stored in from Ole 2.0 compound documents format to their
native form"? An OLE 2 document is like a directory, and all files in
that directory are already in their "native form". An application can
store any file it wants as an entry in an OLE 2 compound document. POI
will never support all of them but most likely only a subset of the
Micro$oft Office formats.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Softwarepatente verhindern: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/