Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luke Meyer <lm...@redhat.com> on 2005/11/15 23:13:16 UTC

Using svn with kerberos ticket

I am trying to find out how to get the command-line svn client to
authenticate with a kerberos ticket, thus not having to cache
credentials in home directories or retype them.  CVS does this via
krsh.  I have Googled in vain for any information on doing this.  Is it
even possible?

I am working with Apache 2 on Linux, with mod_dav_svn and
mod_auth_kerb.  The authentication works fine with KrbMethodK5Passwd On
but not with KrbMethodNegotiate On.  ssl logs don't really indicate what
is failing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Using svn with kerberos ticket

Posted by Samay <ge...@hotmail.com>.
>I am trying to find out how to get the command-line svn client to
>authenticate with a kerberos ticket, thus not having to cache credentials
>in home directories or retype them.  CVS does this via krsh.  I have
>Googled in vain for any information on doing this.  Is it even possible?
>
> I am working with Apache 2 on Linux, with mod_dav_svn and mod_auth_kerb.
> The authentication works fine with KrbMethodK5Passwd On but not with
> KrbMethodNegotiate On.  ssl logs don't really indicate what is failing.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

wait for Svn 1.3.x as it builds with Neon 0.25.x. Neon 0.25.x provides
support for AuthNegotiate. There is a patch somewhere for SVN 1.2.x to build
with neon 0.25.x, YMMV.

regards

Shirish