Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/01 12:21:08 UTC

Maven release plugin Xmx Xms environment variables

Hi all,

just a quick question. I have a project that I'm releasing using the
maven-release-plugin, but every time I call release:prepare the build fails
with OutofMemoryError. I tried setting the MAVEN_OPTS to "-Xmx2G" but
honestly I don't think it has any effect because after the build ends I get
this file

-rw-------  1 tomcat tomcat 3.3G Oct  1 09:59 java_pid15462.hprof

which clearly is 3.3G

I was looking at the code of the maven-release-plugin and I don't see a way
to specify the java memory options of the forked process. Is this a missing
feature? Or have I missed something? How can one specify the jvmArgs of the
forked process?

Thank you.
--
Regards, Petar!