Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Ying Chun Guo <gu...@cn.ibm.com> on 2018/03/02 03:27:22 UTC

Two issues with license and notice auditing

Hi, team

When we are using Apache Creadur to audit licensing and notice files, we met with two problems. I'm looking for any people who have experiences on that.

1. Apache Rat cannot acknowledge the "minified" ASF, i.e. the short format of Apache license header, which we plan to use in the small test files.
2. Apache Tentacles cannot support tar.gz files in the staging repo.

We have solutions to bypass these two questions. For the first issue, we can put those files with mini headers in the Rat exclusion list. For the second issue, we can use bash script to check LICENSE and NOTICE or we can use zip format instead, other than tar.gz. But I would like to check if there are any other suggestions to these issues. Thanks.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Re: Two issues with license and notice auditing

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Probably a similar response - raise a ticket to Tentacles
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TENTACLES/issues

FWIW, this is the first I'm ever hearing of this project.

John

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
As always Sebb thank you for your advice and quick response.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks sebb

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks sebb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Two issues with license and notice auditing