Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Chris Seto <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/10 06:03:35 UTC

Compilation error on ThriftTest_constants.lo

Hi,

I am attempting to compile Thrift on an ARM-Linux platform, but with
both the codebase on git and the released tarbar, I am getting a very
non-descriptive error with regards to ThrfitTest_constants.lo

make log: http://pastebin.com/2fpDgPGv
config.log: http://pastebin.com/wCst5Gg4

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
--

======
Chris Seto

Re: Compilation error on ThriftTest_constants.lo

Posted by Chris Seto <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

It actually turns out that there was some issue with my Boost
installation. I built Boost from source and was able to successfully
complete the CMake, and then a little more troubleshooting later, I was
able to also get make/make install to work.

Thank you very much for all your help!!

Chris

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.

Posted by Chris Seto <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.
the log says that you are using g++ and not a cross compiler

I recommend using cmake, see here:
https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/master/build/cmake/README.md

mkdir cmake-build && cd cmake-build