Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Lucas Bandeira <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2021/07/31 16:22:39 UTC

[Issue] Line stacks breaking tooltip information

Hello,

I've opened the following issue, which informs about a serious problem wherein Tooltip information becomes incorrect when certain options are used.
It's a problem that can be seen in the very documentation, as stated in the issue brief.
This is undocumented and could lead to several issues, particularly disinformation when using Apache Echarts.

https://github.com/apache/echarts/issues/15435

It's been closed by a member of the community who appears to not have understood the situation, claiming this broken behavior is "natural of the tooltip".
I'd appreciate if someone else could look at it and chime in.
I'd be willing to update the documentation with an example on how to fix this, otherwise it makes it seem Echarts is unreliable for serious data plotting.

Attentively,

Lucas GC Bandeira

Re: [Issue] Line stacks breaking tooltip information

Posted by Yi Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucas.

I've commented the reason of this design in the issue.

Regards

--
Yi Shen
Apache ECharts PMC