Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/02/11 21:01:18 UTC

[EL] basic website

i've added a basic website for EL and added navigation links etc.

for those EL committers who don't know how the common website works here
in jakarta:

jakarta-commons/xdocs/el.xml is the document source for the EL page. if
you want to change the website, edit this document. the website is
generated using anakia (which is very easy to learn). just cd
jakarta-commons and run ant. this will regenerate the webpages from the
xml source. the output goes into docs. the live site must be update
manually from cvs before any changes are reflected.

- robert

Re: [EL] basic website

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> i've added a basic website for EL and added navigation links etc.
>
> for those EL committers who don't know how the common website works here
> in jakarta:
>
> jakarta-commons/xdocs/el.xml is the document source for the EL page. if
> you want to change the website, edit this document. the website is
> generated using anakia (which is very easy to learn). just cd
> jakarta-commons and run ant. this will regenerate the webpages from the
> xml source. the output goes into docs. the live site must be update
> manually from cvs before any changes are reflected.

Additionals:

There's a document in jakarta-commons called BUILD_DOCS.txt which explains
all this. Checking out jakarta_site2 is a nice way to get all the required
libs I believe. Some build.properties manipulation is required.

Hen