Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Florian Effenberger <fl...@arcor.de> on 2008/03/15 18:33:08 UTC

spam tests on forwarded accounts

Hello,

I have several mail accounts on various servers, and most of them are being redirected/forwarded to my main account.

My main account is on a mail server with SpamAssassin, and spam detection works very well there. However, when I receive such a forwarded message, it is often not being recognized, as the sending/forwarding mail server is not blacklisted, so some spam tests like RBL or EHLO are not positive.

Is there any way to improve recognition?

Thanks
Florian

Jetzt komfortabel bei Arcor-Digital TV einsteigen: Mehr Happy Ends, mehr Herzschmerz, mehr Fernsehen! Erleben Sie 50 digitale TV Programme und optional 60 Pay TV Sender, einen elektronischen Programmführer mit Movie Star Bewertungen von TV Movie. Außerdem, aktuelle Filmhits und prickelnde Erotik in der Arcor-Videothek. Infos unter www.arcor.de/tv

Re: spam tests on forwarded accounts

Posted by Florian Effenberger <fl...@arcor.de>.
Hi Matt,

> any trusted forwarding system should be in your trusted_networks. (and
> if you've declared it, internal too)

thanks, will try to do so!

Florian

Re: spam tests on forwarded accounts

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have several mail accounts on various servers, and most of them are being redirected/forwarded to my main account.
>
> My main account is on a mail server with SpamAssassin, and spam detection works very well there. However, when I receive such a forwarded message, it is often not being recognized, as the sending/forwarding mail server is not blacklisted, so some spam tests like RBL or EHLO are not positive.
>
> Is there any way to improve recognition?

any trusted forwarding system should be in your trusted_networks. (and
if you've declared it, internal too)

This will cause SA to recognize the "border" of your "network" as being
the forwarder, and correctly apply RBL tests to the host dropping off there.