Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by anilkumar b <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/24 12:30:41 UTC

Transaction controller response time differences

Hi All,

     I am new to JMeter, Please help me for below question.

1)  When can i use transaction controllers. what is the differences of
response time between Generate parent sample checked / unchecked

I have executed a sample test plan for simple login and logout scenario:
 2) I have executed my test plan using transaction controller unchecked the
Generate parent sample, it  is taking the average time is 48 ms.
The same test plan i am executing in transaction controller checked the
Generate parent sampler it is taking the average time is 300ms.
The same test plan i am executing in Simple controller it is taking the
average time is 27 ms.

* Here which controller time i have to consider.*

Please help me for the above question.

Thanks & Regards,
Anils.