Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by SantoshK <sa...@idealake.com> on 2005/03/22 06:33:04 UTC

Re: Help..

Dear Peter/All

Thanks for your mail, i am trying to be familier with the Test Plan. But
still even after 4 days i am able to be familier with JMeter. Can you please
tell me how to evaluate results. I am just a fresher in using JMeter.

Thanks in advance.

SantoshK

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
it sounds like you're new to stress testing and performance analysis.
A couple of general notes. to determine if the performance is
sufficient, there should already be a functional specification stating
exactly what is expected.

most likely, you don't have such a document. I would advise looking at
the production traffic and generate some statistics. You want to look
at the average and peak loads and see what the response time is. Once
you know that, you can use the aggregate listener to see the response
averaged over all the requests.

I have a couple of articles, did you read them?

peter

To Evaluate Results

Posted by sobharani moparthy <so...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

    U can evaluate results by adding LISTENER.....>VIEW RESULTS IN TABLE or GRAPH RESULTS etc to your TESTPLAN.

When you want to check the Responses add ASSERTIONS.....>RESPONSE ASSERTION to your HTTP REQUEST and you can see the results only by adding the LISTENER.....>ASSERTION RESULTS to your TEST PLAN.

Best Regards

Sobha