Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2014/01/24 10:22:59 UTC

Q: Maven-Enforcer-Plugin - Release 1.3.2 ?

Hi,

i just want to know on what basis releases will be created...

Currently i would suggest to create a Release 1.3.2 of the
maven-enforcer-plugin...

In Jira the list
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11530&version=19935

for 1.3.2 contains a number of bug fixes...

Are there any objections to get a release 1.3.2 out of the door...

I would like to fix one or two more issues...but i want to know how the
mood is about creating a new release of Maven-Enforcer-Plugin....

Kind Regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: Q: Maven-Enforcer-Plugin - Release 1.3.2 ?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

 > I just fixed it

Thanks.

> while testing, I found that there is an IT failure with Maven 3.1.1: I added a
> Jenkins job to reproduce, and it failed as expected

Seen it...I have created a separate issue for it

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MENFORCER-181

But unfortunately i can't take a look into the workspace of the Jenkins....

> I saw too that actual trunk is numbered 2.0-SNAPSHOT: I don't know if some
> substantial changes have been done or not

There some changes which are related to WARN/ERROR behaviour ...i don't
know if it's worth to make a jump from 1.3 to 2.0 ....currently we go
from 1.3.1 to 1.4 ...but it's no problem to change that into 2.0...

I just want to summarize some changes for the next release what ever how
we name it ;-)

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
I just fixed it

while testing, I found that there is an IT failure with Maven 3.1.1: I added a
Jenkins job to reproduce, and it failed as expected

I saw too that actual trunk is numbered 2.0-SNAPSHOT: I don't know if some
substantial changes have been done or not

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello Karl-Heinz,

I added a patch at the MENFORCER-182.
Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/
https://github.com/mfriedenhagen/ (http://osrc.dfm.io/mfriedenhagen)

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hello Mirko,

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I am afraid the only documentation is in the ticket, right now. I could try
to find a place this evening and submit a patch.

Regards
Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Karl Heinz,

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.
Karl Heinz,

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Karl Heinz,

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Well the biggest blocker for cutting releases is getting your binding
votes...

My policy is cut releases until the PMC starts complaining that you are
cutting too many releases... ;-)

I haven't seen any of us complain about releases being too frequent
*ever*...

If you think it is ready for a release now, then as a committer you only
have to stand up and say I am cutting a release...

Good manners is to give 24-72hr notice that you will be cutting a
release... but for a single plugin with nobody else having committed
anything in the past 72hr and no sign of activity other than your own in
JIRA, a quick ping on IRC and the mailing list with a 1-4h wait is probably
fine... after all it's only a plugin and the release builds of those are
fast...

If you were cutting a release of core or a shared component, then I would
think a 72h heads up to ensure that nobody else is working on patching
something would be strongly encouraged... OTOH if you have an issue you see
as critical...

This should be self governing... if you cut too often or with too little
improvement... attracting PMC binding votes will become harder over time...

But as I already said... we are not at the stage of even 1 release vote per
week... so you shouldn't have issues getting 3 PMC members to at least take
a look at a plugin release candidate for a vote

-Stephen