Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Raghavan Srinivasan <ra...@iplanet.com> on 2002/01/19 01:22:50 UTC

xsd:timeInstant Problems ?

I am trying to use WSDL generated classes (using mind electric glue
2.0.1 ) to call an Apache Soap service (2.2) .  I am returning a Java
DateTime variable using the following encoding....

Date date = new Date() ;
 pLastModifiedDate = new Parameter("mLastModified" , Date.class ,
                              date , null );
xjmr.marshall( blah ) ;

Somehow Apache seems to be trying to serialize this using
xsd:timeInstant as i get back the following error...

Exception in thread "main" electric.util.WrappedException:
SOAPException( Server
: cannot find schema type for xsd:timeInstant )
 at electric.registry.Reference.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at electric.util.proxy.proxy1.Proxy.invokeObject(Unknown Source)
 at
electric.util.proxy.DynProxy__ejb2_client_IPMSoapService__electric_util_IContextHolder.createProcessInstance(Unknown
Source)
t ejb2.client.GlueClientToApache.main(GlueClientToApache.java:30)

My WSDL used a standard xsd:dateTime type for the value . I looked at
the XSD 2001 spec @ www.w3.org/tr/schema-02
and this has no mention of timeInstant .

Is this a Schema versioning issue ? How do i get around this ?

Thanks -
Raghavan