Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Bruce Van Horn <bv...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/03 03:05:32 UTC

Anyone working on the UI?

Hello all, I'm new to the list.

A quick intro -- I live in Dallas, Tx (USA) where I am a pre-sales solution
consultant for i2 Technologies (an e-commerce software company).  I'm
looking to further my understanding of SOAP and since Tomcat is what I
normally use for a JSP container, Apache SOAP is a logical choice for these
experiments.

I used to teach college courses on java development, web & multimedia
development, and UI design & useability.  In working with the SOAP admin UI,
I didn't like the way it looked.  Several of my colleagues and my boss said
it was lacking and wouldn't allow me to show it to customers.

I cleaned up the UI for the admin client so it looks a bit more professional
(no offense intended to the original author) and it matches the default
Tomcat pages in color scheme (making it appear as though Tomcat is an
integrated suite with SOAP capability).

I have a couple of screen shots if you like:

http://www.brucevanhorn.net/apache-soap/screen-cap-1.jpg
http://www.brucevanhorn.net/apache-soap/screen-cap-2.jpg

My rendition needs more work for useability, so I was wondering if this is a
contribution I could make to the project or is somebody already working on
this?

Regards,

Bruce Van Horn

RE: Anyone working on the UI?

Posted by Bruce Van Horn <bv...@swbell.net>.
Sorry about the dead links.  I'm working on my firewall and I've got some
issues to fix.

Anyone who wants can e-mail and I'll send it to them.

I would be interested in seeing the screens (the links below don't seem to
work) and code changes.  There is no one else currently working to improve
the admin UI.

Scott Nichol

RE: Anyone working on the UI?

Posted by Bruce Van Horn <bv...@swbell.net>.

Re: Anyone working on the UI?

Re: Anyone working on the UI?

Re: How to set namespace

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If the parser supports namespaces correctly, you should not have this
problem.

If you want more help on this list, the things to post are

1. versions of software used (e.g. JDK, Apache SOAP, XML parser, servlet
container, OS)
2. capture of the messages being sent, e.g. using TcpTunnelGui

Scott Nichol

How to set namespace

How to set namespace