Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2021/08/04 07:55:44 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Royale 0.9.8 RC5

The problem I saw was I had committed a bunch of incomplete emulation stubs which were not being used anywhere thinking it’s safe. This confused ASDoc which was trying to compile them. I removed those classes but I’m still getting what looks like a compiler error when running ant from examples/royale/ASDoc

     [java] C:\dev\full_royale_sdk\royale-asjs\frameworks\projects\Network\src\main\royale\org\apache\royale\net\URLLoader.as line 355 column 8 Internal error i
n ASBlockWalker subsystem, when generating code for: C:\dev\full_royale_sdk\royale-asjs\frameworks\projects\Network\src\main\royale\org\apache\royale\net\URLLoa
der.as line 355 column 8: java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.royale.JSRoyaleASDocEmitter.emitMethod(JSRoyaleASDocEmitter.java:612)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.visitFunction(ASBlockWalker.java:290)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.ASNodeSwitch.handle(ASNodeSwitch.java:152)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.ASNodeHandler.handle(ASNodeHandler.java:85)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.BeforeAfterStrategy.handle(BeforeAfterStrategy.java:110)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.walk(ASBlockWalker.java:159)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.royale.JSRoyaleASDocEmitter.emitClass(JSRoyaleASDocEmitter.java:271)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.visitClass(ASBlockWalker.java:256)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.ASNodeSwitch.handle(ASNodeSwitch.java:136)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.goog.JSGoogEmitter.emitPackageContents(JSGoogEmitter.java:186)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.visitPackage(ASBlockWalker.java:244)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.ASNodeSwitch.handle(ASNodeSwitch.java:132)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.visitFile(ASBlockWalker.java:223)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.visitor.as.ASNodeSwitch.handle(ASNodeSwitch.java:128)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.as.ASBlockWalker.visitCompilationUnit(ASBlockWalker.java:188)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.JSWriter.writeTo(JSWriter.java:96)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.internal.codegen.js.JSWriter.writeTo(JSWriter.java:80)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.clients.ASDOCJSC.compile(ASDOCJSC.java:275)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCRoyale._mainNoExit(MXMLJSCRoyale.java:259)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.clients.MXMLJSCRoyale.mainNoExit(MXMLJSCRoyale.java:216)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.clients.ASDOCJSC.staticMainNoExit(ASDOCJSC.java:159)
     [java]     at org.apache.royale.compiler.clients.ASDOCJSC.main(ASDOCJSC.java:107)
Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.
This NullPointerException when compiling ASDoc should be fixed with my
newest compiler commits.