Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yann Albou <ya...@club-internet.fr> on 2006/12/18 21:27:11 UTC

how to overwrite plugin definition with an execution phase?

Hello,

In my pom parent I have defined (in the pluginManagement section) a
plugin configuration that is bind to a phase:

<project>
   [...]
   <build>
     [...]
    <pluginManagement>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <descriptorRefs>
             <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
           </descriptorRefs>
         </configuration>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>make-assembly</id>
             <phase>package</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>attached</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>
    </pluginManagement>
     [...]
</project>

This pom parent is used by many different projects.

But in one of my project (that inherited from this pom parent), I need
to overwrite this configuration.

I have tried to define a new id : but the plugin is executed twice :
1)using the pom parent definition.
2)using the one of my current project.

If I redefine the configuration using the same id (make-assembly) maven
say it cannot use the same id twice.

my sample used the maven assembly plugin but it applies also on others
plugins.
How can I do to overwrite this definition ?

Yann.

Re: how to overwrite plugin definition with an execution phase?

Posted by Yann Albou <ya...@club-internet.fr>.
Thanks Wayne.

I will organize my project as you mentioned...

Thanks
Yann.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.