Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Camara, Jose" <jc...@informatica.com> on 2001/12/13 04:01:10 UTC

Application configuration

I think I reach that point where I need some help ... could you subscribe me
and help me with the following issue.

Totally new in configuring applications to be deployed on tomcat:
1) Apache and tomcat are running perfectly
2) I created a directory to install my application (webapps/imr)
3) Under that, I created META-INF, WEB-INF and servlets directories.
4) I also modified tomcat-apache.conf as follows

Alias /imr "/home/jcamara/tomcat/webapps/imr"
<Directory "/home/jcamara/tomcat/webapps/imr">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /imr/servlet /imr
<Location "/imr/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location "/imr/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

5) I'm starting to believe that I need to create a web.xml file and I'm not
sure how, probably I'll follow one of the examples.
6) I can see the list of classes for my application under that directory.
7) Every time I'm trying to run the application it asked me for download the
application on IE and finally come with an error saying "Could not find the
main class. Program will exit!" on a Java Virtual Machine pop up screen.

I'm 100% sure that I'm missing something, so here are my questions:
Q1: Do I need to create a web.xml file?
Q2: Where should I put the jar files that my application need?
Q3: How should I configure Tomcat in under to display correctly my
application?

Regards,

Jose L. Camara