Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Sproull <ji...@sitepak.com> on 2000/06/06 17:00:08 UTC

NEWBIE: appending to page content

  I'm relatively new to mod_perl and have been fighting with a
relatively simple task: appending data to all text/html pages.  So, for
instance, I want something like this returned to the client:
----------------
<HTML>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>
EXTRA SPECIAL MESSAGE

 I've been reading as much info on the web as I can find (and I'm going out
to buy the book after I write this), and I'm kinda confused as how to get
the page content and then append to it.  I tried direclty printing from a
PerlHandler, but that seemed to be just ignored.  Can I access the data
directly from the request object?  Any help in this would be appreciated.

Jim Sproull
jim@sitepak.com