Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hugo Gomes <hu...@lip.pt> on 2011/06/24 15:54:31 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Hi all,

	I have a site that is used with https, and i have a form that uploads
some information about the users, and sometimes the users need to upload
some files, but i almost of the times gives me an error:

	"The requested resource /path_to_script/index.php does not allow
request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the
request exceeds the capacity limit. "

	But if i put the site using http the error disappear and everything
works fine. I don't change anything in php.ini so the post size and the
upload size is the same.

        I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
know if this is important.

	Regards,
	Hugo Gomes

     Hugo Gomes
     LIP
     Av. Elias Garcia 14, 1º
     1000-149 Lisboa, Portugal
     Telef.:  +351- 217 998 587
     E-mail: hugo@lip.pt

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Posted by Hugo Gomes <hu...@lip.pt>.
OK sorry I've found the solution, there is a SSL buffer, that limits the
amount of data you cand POST.

SSLRenegBufferSize

This directive can be change in runtime, so you can put this
in .htaccess file changing the value of the buffer. You should be
careful because this can be dangerous when you don't know who is
uploading things.

	Hugo Gomes

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 14:16 +0100, Hugo Gomes wrote:
> 	I've researched about this issue, but no success.
>
> 	I need to do this using https, because all my users are authenticated
> by digital certificates. And this happens when in https, in http there
> are no errors, so i suppose it's not related with the size of the file,
> is related with ssl or something like this.
>
> 	All help are welcome,
>
> 	Regards,
> 	Hugo Gomes
>

> On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 14:54 +0100, Hugo Gomes wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > 	I have a site that is used with https, and i have a form that uploads
> > some information about the users, and sometimes the users need to upload
> > some files, but i almost of the times gives me an error:
> >

> > 	"The requested resource /path_to_script/index.php does not allow
> > request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the
> > request exceeds the capacity limit. "
> >

> > 	But if i put the site using http the error disappear and everything
> > works fine. I don't change anything in php.ini so the post size and the
> > upload size is the same.
> >

> >         I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
> > know if this is important.
> >

> > 	Regards,
> > 	Hugo Gomes

     Hugo Gomes
     LIP
     Av. Elias Garcia 14, 1º
     1000-149 Lisboa, Portugal
     Telef.:  +351- 217 998 587
     E-mail: hugo@lip.pt

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Posted by Hugo Gomes <hu...@lip.pt>.
	I've researched about this issue, but no success.

	I need to do this using https, because all my users are authenticated
by digital certificates. And this happens when in https, in http there
are no errors, so i suppose it's not related with the size of the file,
is related with ssl or something like this.

	All help are welcome,

	Regards,
	Hugo Gomes

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 14:54 +0100, Hugo Gomes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I have a site that is used with https, and i have a form that uploads
> some information about the users, and sometimes the users need to upload
> some files, but i almost of the times gives me an error:
>

> 	"The requested resource /path_to_script/index.php does not allow
> request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the
> request exceeds the capacity limit. "
>

> 	But if i put the site using http the error disappear and everything
> works fine. I don't change anything in php.ini so the post size and the
> upload size is the same.
>

>         I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
> know if this is important.
>

> 	Regards,
> 	Hugo Gomes

     Hugo Gomes
     LIP
     Av. Elias Garcia 14, 1º
     1000-149 Lisboa, Portugal
     Telef.:  +351- 217 998 587
     E-mail: hugo@lip.pt

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Friday, June 24, 2011 15:54:31 Hugo Gomes wrote:
>         I have a site that is used with https, and i have a form that
> uploads some information about the users, and sometimes the users
> need to upload some files, but i almost of the times gives me an
> error:
>

>         "The requested resource /path_to_script/index.php does not
> allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided
> in the request exceeds the capacity limit. "
>

>         But if i put the site using http the error disappear and
> everything works fine. I don't change anything in php.ini so the post
> size and the upload size is the same.
>

>         I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
> know if this is important.

Are you using SSL renegotiation? Perhaps requiring a client certificate
for a few locations only instead of the whole VHost, like:

<Location ...>
  SSLVerifyClient require
</Location>

If so have a look at

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslrenegbuffersize

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Posted by Hugo Gomes <hu...@lip.pt>.
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 14:32 +0000, Igor Galić wrote:

> [...]

	I've limited in my php script to 2MB, but in php configuration i think
it's 200MB

> >         I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
> > know if this is important.
>
> How big are the certs?
> What happens when you use plain Basic Auth?
	When i change to http I don't use any authentication, I just let open
to all users, exposing me to a very unpleasant surprise .

> > 	Regards,
> > 	Hugo Gomes

     Hugo Gomes
     LIP
     Av. Elias Garcia 14, 1º
     1000-149 Lisboa, Portugal
     Telef.:  +351- 217 998 587
     E-mail: hugo@lip.pt

Re: [users@httpd] HTTPS Forms

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> 	I have a site that is used with https, and i have a form that
> 	uploads
> some information about the users, and sometimes the users need to
> upload
> some files, but i almost of the times gives me an error:
>

> 	"The requested resource /path_to_script/index.php does not allow
> request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in
> the
> request exceeds the capacity limit. "
>

> 	But if i put the site using http the error disappear and everything
> works fine. I don't change anything in php.ini so the post size and
> the
> upload size is the same.

How big is "the same"?

>         I've authenticate the users by personal certificates, I don't
> know if this is important.

How big are the certs?
What happens when you use plain Basic Auth?

> 	Regards,
> 	Hugo Gomes

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883