Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Isuru Samaraweera <is...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/02 19:31:22 UTC

Re: How to create Queues in Active MQ

In Gerenimo1.0 console, JMS queue configuration is not available.So you have to write a deployment plan and use the console's deploy option.
  http://localhost:8080/console/portal/apps/apps_all
  select activemq-ra-3.2.1.rar
from repository/activemq/rars for ActiveMQ archive and the plan   xxxxx-queue-plan.xml and click install.

  Sample xxxx-queue-plan.xml is given below

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <connector configId="SampleJMS" parentId="geronimo/activemq-broker/1.0/car" xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0">
- <resourceadapter>
- <resourceadapter-instance>
  <resourceadapter-name>SampleJMS</resourceadapter-name>
  <config-property-setting name="Password">x</config-property-setting>
  <config-property-setting name="UserName">y</config-property-setting>
- <nam:workmanager xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0">
  <nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
  </nam:workmanager>
  </resourceadapter-instance>
- <outbound-resourceadapter>
- <connection-definition>
  <connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
- <connectiondefinition-instance>
  <name>SampleConnectionFactory</name>
  <implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
  <implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
- <connectionmanager>
- <xa-transaction>
  <transaction-caching />
  </xa-transaction>
- <single-pool>
  <max-size>6</max-size>
  <min-size>0</min-size>
  <match-one />
  </single-pool>
  </connectionmanager>
  </connectiondefinition-instance>
  </connection-definition>
  </outbound-resourceadapter>
  </resourceadapter>
- <adminobject>
  <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>
  <adminobject-class>org.activemq.message.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
- <adminobject-instance>
  <message-destination-name>SampleName</message-destination-name>
  <config-property-setting name="PhysicalName">SampleName</config-property-setting>
  </adminobject-instance>
  </adminobject>
- <adminobject>
  <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>
  <adminobject-class>org.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
  </adminobject>
  </connector>

  You can use the JNDI name for queues to lookup them from ejbs and web aplications.
  Thank You,
  Regards,
  Isuru

avin98 <av...@yahoo.com> wrote:

How do I create my own queues in geronimo using active MQ. More importantly
how do I use them in my ejbs and other web application ?