Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/05/24 09:44:45 UTC

[VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Here we go

We now pass all TCK and signature tests. Thanks Richard.

This is essentially the same as the M1 David did last week but with the
fixes for compliance (See GERONIMO-6832)

Here is the link for sources
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/geronimo/activation_2.0_spec/

Here is the svn tag
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-activation_2.0_spec-1.0.0/

Here is the staging repo
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-1155

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ]  0 Abstain (please provide specific comments)
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Raymond Augé <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

--
*Raymond Augé* (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* (@Liferay)

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

regards,

On 20/06/2022 12:57, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
> [...]
>                     > > > > >
>                     > > > > > Here is the svn tag
>                     > > > > >
>                     > >
>                     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-activation_2.0_spec-1.0.0/
>                     > > > > >
>                     > > > > > Here is the staging repo
>                     > > > > >
>                     > >
>                     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-1155
>                     > > > > >
>                     > > > > > Please vote to approve this release:
>                     > > > > > [ ] +1 Approve the release
>                     > > > > > [ ]  0 Abstain (please provide specific
>                     comments)
>                     > > > > > [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please
>                     provide specific
>                     > > > > > comments)
>                     > > > > >
>                     > > > > > This vote will be open for at least 72

François

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
up ...

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
here is my own +1 (binding)

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Dealing with compliance disagreements (was Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Right, because the issue is not people having migrated but people migrating
when jakarta releases are available so think you are right, it covers
something like 0 user ;)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mer. 25 mai 2022 à 09:56, Zowalla, Richard <

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to echo what Jean-Louis said and add some details.

During the 20 years of these specs living in the JCP, the license requirements stated that you must agree to ship your implementation with all defaults set to the compliant state.  You could have flags that enabled non-compliant behavior, but they would have to be off by default and require user action to turn them on.

If we encounter a situation where we don't pass a test, here are the valid outcomes:

 1.  We decide to change our default behavior so we can pass the test.
     We may chose to create a way to enable the previous behavior, but
     we do not work that way by default.

 2.  We decide we think our behavior is spec-compliant and the TCK is
     testing something not defined by or against the spec.  We file a
     TCK challenge.

     A. Our challenge is approved.  We can ignore that failure and
        still claim compliance.

     B. Our challenge is rejected.

        i.  We execute option #1 and ship a compliant implementation.

        ii. We decide we don't care about compliance.  Our users may
            disagree and may need to patch or fork.

-David

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
The test in question is

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

AW: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

________________________________
Not voting negatively but seems we broke normalizeMimeTypeParameter (I guess copying the RI?) and I'm not sure it should be done.
From my understanding this part is not well specified and highly depends on the impl but I don't see a reson to break existing consumers which I always favor in regards of being aligned on the RI.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau<https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog<https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github<https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | Book<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-ee-8-high-performance>

http://www.tomitribe.com<http://www.tomitribe.com/>

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Not voting negatively but seems we broke normalizeMimeTypeParameter (I
guess copying the RI?) and I'm not sure it should be done.
From my understanding this part is not well specified and highly depends on

[VOTE RESULT] Geronimo activation_2.0_spec 1.0.0

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Vote passed with 4 +1 and no other votes. I'll proceed.
Thanks so much everyone.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis