Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/12 16:57:23 UTC

Fwd: REMINDER: BOARD REPORTS

FYI, our board report is due in two days. I've started adding some text to
the empty template to get things going, feel free to edit/amend/rewrite as
you see fit: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2007

   ...ant

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 12, 2007, at 7:57 AM, ant elder wrote:

> FYI, our board report is due in two days. I've started adding some
> text to
> the empty template to get things going, feel free to edit/amend/
> rewrite as
> you see fit: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2007

Thanks Ant. I added a couple of things relating to diversity and
participation in the spec process which I think are relevant to the
IPMC and Board. I thought that made it big enough that it was worth
splitting into paragraphs.
--
Jeremy

== Tuscany ==

Tuscany provides infrastructure for developing service-oriented
applications based on the OSOA specifications for Service Component
Architecture (SCA) and Service Data Objects (SDO).

Since our last report Tuscany has voted in one new committer, Simon
Laws, but community diversity remains an issue with most contributors
working for a single company.

The Incubator PMC approved the M2 release of the Java SCA, SDO and
DAS components and development continues apace. There is some
significant restructuring and modularization the Tuscany Java code
base underway, particularly related to SCA, the goal being to
simplify the Tuscany build and release process and provide support
for an upcoming version of the SCA specification. This instability is
causing some tension in the community but is being worked through on
the lists.

For its next M3 release the Tuscany C++ runtime is being renamed to
Tuscany Native to reflect its support for various other language
platforms such as PHP, Ruby and Python.

The ability to participate in the OSOA collaboration has been
demonstrated with a project member who is not an employee of one of
the vendors being able to contribute to the process.