Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/12/19 19:30:31 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-231: Improve the Required ACL of ListGroups API

I believe the concerns on this KIP have been addressed so far.
Therefore, I'd like to start a vote.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-231%3A+Improve+the+Required+ACL+of+ListGroups+API

Thanks.
--Vahid

Re: [VOTE] KIP-231: Improve the Required ACL of ListGroups API

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Jason,

Thanks for the vote and feedback.
You are correct, I missed the possibility of using the wildcard
permission. I'll update the rejected alternatives section accordingly.

Thanks again.
--Vahid

From:   Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   01/23/2018 08:27 AM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] KIP-231: Improve the Required ACL of ListGroups
API

+1. It's a little odd that we are still left with the anomalous cluster
permission for ListGroups. You mention in the rejected alternatives that
reducing permissions would make it impossible for admins to list groups,
but I'm not sure why that would be the case. Wouldn't a wildcard group
describe permission enable that? That said, it's probably better to keep
the old permission for backwards compatibility.

-Jason

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Vahid S Hashemian <
vahidhashemian@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> And this one requires two more binding +1's :)
>
> Thanks.
>

> From:   Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>
> To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
> Date:   01/02/2018 09:50 PM