Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/12 15:52:50 UTC

Bundle / Message Attributes - Annotations vs File Base

While working on Netbean Plugin project, I noticed in multiple examples of
code, that some code Netbean code leverage "file based" bundle files and
elsewhere leverages "Annotation" based code which results (from what I see)
in some "auto generated" files being created.

WIth that in mind, can anyone identify any tutorials, documentation, best
practices, etc.  on the preferred way of this?

Assume usage is to basically have "properties" (based on a bundle
attribute) for use throughout the code.  So how should these be defined (in
what context), how should these be loaded/retrieved (i.e. load from file,
initialized [static or otherwise]), and how should they be references (i.e.
"get bundle attribute x"  for use in code)?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com