Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vitor Rui Moreira <vr...@biodata.pt> on 2003/07/02 19:09:59 UTC

Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4

Hi!

I'm having a little problem about form encoding.
First of all, let me describe the development environment:
- Tomcat 4.1.24
- Cocoon 2.0.4
- RedHat 9

Now, the problem:
I've got a webpage, which has a form inside. There are several input
fields, mostly of type "text". There is also a input field of type "file".
If i click on the "submit" button, i'll go other page (a xsp one), which
displays the contents of the parameters (passed through request and
sitemap).
While the values of the input which have the type "text" are correct,
the field which has the "file" type isn't. The error occurs when i use
accents (éèá, etc).
I'm using UTF-8 encoding on all pages.

My tries to solve the problem:
1) changed the web.xml file of cocoon
($TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml), which i included the
"form-encoding" parameter to UTF-8
2) on the same file, i've tried to set the "container-encoding" value to
UTF-8 (ok, i'm almost desesperating! ;-))

My opinion:
Since the "text" type works correctly and the "file" type doesn't, i
suspect that the "form-encoding" is not so right after all... but it's
only my opinion, based on my cocoon's ignorance... ;-)

Critical features:
1) i just can't upgrade the cocoon engine because i've got legacy
applications running on that... at least, i can't change right now... :-(

F1 wanted! If anyone could help me, i'd appreciate!!

TIA

-vrm

Re: Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4

Posted by Boris Althaus <bo...@petra-productions.de>.
Hi Vitor,

filenames and pathes with éèáäöü seems very critical to me. Maybe uploadinstructions to rename the files before uploading them, would be better?

boris