Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Daniel Varghese <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/04 12:18:24 UTC

Cache refresh notification in two different instance of Slide running on different boxes.

Hello James,

thnx for your valuable information abt Slide Clustering and Cache
refresh notifications among the cluster nodes couple of days back.

Now I have another question.

Two instance of Slide  running on two different Unix boxes and I'm not
planing to use Cluster, In this senario how do we notify the cache
information between different server instances.

Cluster Configuration is a must for cache refresh notification ?

rgds
Daniel

Re: Cache refresh notification in two different instance of Slide running on different boxes.

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Daniel Varghese wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> thnx for your valuable information abt Slide Clustering and Cache
> refresh notifications among the cluster nodes couple of days back.

You're welcome.

> Now I have another question.
>
> Two instance of Slide  running on two different Unix boxes and I'm not
> planing to use Cluster, In this senario how do we notify the cache
> information between different server instances.

You don't yet. Hopefully I'll be able to submit the code that does this
tonight. I upgraded my desktop yesterday evening and there's a bug in
the mysql update I got, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

-James

Posted by Carlos Villegas <ca...@uniscope.jp>.
Well, I don't know about the synchronization feature but I would think
that it's not possible to synchronize caches if the servers are not
configured in a special mode which allows that. My understanding is that
that special mode is precisely the clustering feature. Thus you can't
have one without the other.

Well, maybe I'm wrong and there's another mode of operation...

Carlos

Posted by Daniel Varghese <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello James,

Once again I will tell you, what I'm looking for

We have	two instance of Slide running on two different Unix boxes and
I'm not planing to use Cluster, In this senario how do we notify the
cache information between different server instances.

So How do I configure this in  Domain.xml for cache synchronization
refresh between servers.

rgds
Daniel