Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/07/28 15:30:06 UTC

Cocoon and OJB with JDO.

Hi Cocooners!

I am currently working trying to use OJB with Cocoon. I already wrote a
simple example and I invite you to see it at wiki. :=)

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OJBWithJDO

Please note this is a first attempt to use an alternative project to
Hibernate. I choosed OJB because it is under the Apache umbrella. This
simple fact will allow us to integrate it in Cocoon. The problem with
Hibernate it the LPGL. :(

My idea is that we can build a OJB block and make the life easier for
people building database webapp. this block can be easily used with Flow.
I am looking for it.

The OJB can be used as the "model" of the MVC design paradigm. Currently
we are working in the Controller, called "Flow". An for the View we have 2
candidates Woody and JXForms.

I will keep working on this stuff and post to the list the results of that.

Of course, I am not too smart ;)
I need to thanks to Ricardo Rocha for the advise:

              "Forget XSP and check JDO"

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Cocoon and OJB with JDO.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
JD Daniels dijo:
> Ok question:
>
> I have got lost in the OJB docs... I got your example working ok, but
> where can i get some documentation on how to code a structure like this:
>
> class contact:
> id
> name
> phone
>
> class client
> id
> accountName
> address
>
> class timeticket
> id
> hours
> desc
> client
> contact
>
> ie, have a lookup for contact and client (two separate tables) inside
> the timeticket class (its own table with the id values from the other
> two)
Hi:

Thanks for take your time checking the example. :)

I am currently working on another example integrating now with woody.

For a nice introduction on JDO see (as usual) on IBM developers network.
The tutorial is called: Hands on Java Data Objects
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/edu/j-dw-javajdo-i.html

For OJB check the tutorial4:
http://db.apache.org/ojb/tutorial4.html

> I just dont see how to describe the timticket class in the .jdo file.

The answer is on the IBM tutorial linked above. ;)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Cocoon and OJB with JDO.