Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/04/27 16:59:35 UTC

Re: Question: scalability, stability and multiple JVMs with Merli n?

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 22:53, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia -
SPO) wrote:

> OTOH headless cluster are a such a big monster! And it leads me to ask: is
> it worth going in this direction? I'll keep my JINI adapter to Merlin flag
> up ;-) (but JINI codes are too ugly!!!)

I tend to agree that the JINI model makes things easier to both implement and
understand. And as you point out, it is somewhat tedious to implement the
Service and client code, and that could be hidden into a Merlin Facility, BUT
once again, it requires an Availability contract between the container and
the components, or components can not have graceful fallbacks if Service is
no longer available.

Cheers
Niclas